Before seeking counseling with Camden Crossroads Community Church, please read this page carefully as it may answer some questions you have.
WHAT IS BIBLICAL COUNSELING?
At Camden Crossroads Community Church, we are purposefully and intentionally committed to God’s Word and helping those in need of counseling and discipleship. Because of this, we are committed to biblical counseling in order to disciple and help others overcome and grow through difficulty. Biblical counseling is an important work in the ministry and our goal is to help others apply the Bible more effectively to life problems and better adopt biblical principles for life through trial, crisis, and spiritual development.
When you or someone you love is struggling of suffering, there is no need to endeavor that journey alone. Those offering counseling services at Camden Crossroads Community Church have backgrounds in counseling, training with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) and work as ministry leaders. The goal of our counseling services is to help you or your loved one honor Christ with their life and change or grow according to the Scriptures.
Before we begin the process of helping through counseling, there a few things to keep in mind:
- Our counseling services are offered free of charge and appointment preference is given to members of Camden Crossroads Community Church. If you are not a member of our church, but seek our assistance, we will be happy to try and accommodate your needs. Counseling at Camden Crossroads Community Church is conducted in accordance with our statement of faith and strongly emphasizes the use of prayer, the Bible and the application if the Bible.
- If possible, bring a trusted friend of advisor who may help you through the counseling process. Having a friend and advocate will help bring accountability to all parties involved.
- If you are requesting counseling services and are not part of Camden Crossroads Community Church, please have your pastor complete a church recommendation form (click here to access the form). This form will need to be submitted prior to the first counseling appointment.
- Counseling is often conducted with one counselor but may be accomplished with two counselors depending on the need or circumstance.
- In order to be effective, the individual seeking counseling must be willing to change and make an effort to grow and be transparent throughout the counseling process. There may be homework given at times and some resources may be made available to you depending on your need. Most of the growth through counseling occurs outside of the counseling appointment, so it is necessary for the individual to come wanting and seeking to change in a manner that honor Christ.
After reading this and praying about it, if biblical counseling at Camden Crossroads Community Church sounds right for you, please check out the required forms page to begin this journey with us.