Each day, 3,300 women wake up in America believing abortion is the only realistic solution to an unplanned pregnancy. In this tragic decision, not only is a human life snuffed out, but a woman’s life is changed forever. Many have worked for years in the legal and public policy spheres to put an end to abortion.
Care Net, however, seeks a more immediate route by supporting one woman at a time, to spare her and her unborn child the anguish of abortion. While legal efforts will continue for years to come, hundreds of lives are being saved every day in and through the work of pregnancy centers.
Opportunities To Serve
Here are a few of the many ways you can further the work of pregnancy centers through volunteer work:
- Organize fundraising events like banquets, walks, and baby bottle campaigns
- Help develop or update the pregnancy center’s website
- Provide administrative assistance
- Serve as a phone consultant or peer counselor
- Coordinate clothing and diaper drives
- Distribute promotional items and brochures to local churches, schools, and businesses
- Join a committee or advisory board
Care Net pregnancy centers rely heavily on the service and commitment of volunteers in their communities. If you have a passion for helping women and serving your local community, consider becoming a volunteer at our center in St. Marys. You may contact the Director of Care Net at (912) 729-8842 or by email to see how you can serve.